Advocating for Central KY’s business community with government
Commerce Lexington Inc. serves as a strong advocate for the Central Kentucky business community at all levels of government. Whether your issue is directed at local government in Lexington, the state legislature in Frankfort or the U.S. Congress in Washington, D.C., we act as your voice on policy issues. The ongoing strength and effectiveness of our advocacy resides in the collective focus of our more than 1,700 members, who believe in creating a pro-business environment that fosters job creation in Kentucky.
What We Do For Business:
- Advocate for pro-business policy with government officials at the local, state and federal level.
- Develop policy priorities based on the collective need of members and business community in Lexington and the Central Kentucky Region.
- Commerce Lexington Inc. Public Policy Council: To view the organization's Legislative Priorities in its 2015 Public Policy Statements document, VISIT HERE.
- Central Kentucky Regional Public Policy Group (8 County Region): To view the 2013 Bluegrass Region's Federal/State Policy Priorities, VISIT HERE.
- Monitor key policy issues impacting businesses in Lexington, Frankfort and Washington.
- Educate members on issues and develop grassroots coalitions for advocacy.
Why It's Important:
Many policy issues have a direct impact on job creation, such as tax and banking reforms, health care, education, government spending and regulation, increased energy costs, as well as investments in infrastructure and workforce development. Most of Commerce Lexington’s members can't afford a full-time lobbyist to monitor every issue. It’s critical that you have a voice in this process, and that’s what we do for you at all levels of government.
How to Get Involved:
- Receive Public Policy E-mail Updates/Action Alerts: To sign up for E-Updates, CLICK HERE.
- Attend/Sponsor CLX’s Public Policy Luncheons: Find an upcoming luncheon HERE.
- Attend/Sponsor Central KY Regional Policy Group’s Annual Washington, DC Fly-In.
- Attend/Sponsor “Evening in the Bluegrass” Reception with State Legislators in Frankfort.
To learn more about how we can help you with an issue, contact Andi Johnson, Vice President for Public Policy, at (859) 226-1614.